Press Release B&B (with bonus endorsement from @anthonymfreed

#oops

 אל


Begin forwarded message:

From: "Joseph K. Black" <josephkristianblack@gmail.com>
Date: June 12, 2011 8:22:40 PM CDT
To: Elyssa Durant 
Subject: Re: FW: RE: FW: Press Release B&B

Sounds good.

~Joe

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Elyssa Durant via LinkedIn <member@linkedin.com> wrote:

LinkedIn

Elyssa Durant has sent you a message.

Date: 6/12/2011

Subject: FW: RE: FW: Press Release B&B

I'LL WRITE UP THE STORY... IN RETURN-- YOU SIGN A LETTER OF REC.


FAIR?
 

E

On 06/11/11 10:27 AM, Anthony M. Freed wrote:
--------------------
Elyssa,

Sorry of this is a little off topic - but are you really as amazingly dynamic an individual as you you seem? Educated, intelligent, beautiful and passionate - are you for real? Like you, I get targeted a lot with ops and social engineering attempts, so I am always extremely wary. Now I just have to know for sure if you are the real deal, because I keep asking myself if someone so absolutely fascinating as yourself really exists out there. Again, sorry if this is off topic, but I am just absolutely intrigued by you...

Ciao,

Anthony


On 06/11/11 5:05 AM, Elyssa Durant wrote:
--------------------
can we edit it-- he goes over the top-- i'll admit that-- ITT is a known CIA recruiter. I should have edited it before I sent it to you. [Kicking my self]

Let me take a spin at it-- we all know the CIA is hiring hackers... most well known through the pentagon. TOTALLY kicking myself for not giving it a quick read through. Between you and I-- I do think the CIA recruited him. I'm familiar with their methods... I also think Joe is very young and isn't fully aware that the CIA may have alternative plans.

When they hacked Black & Berg, they sent out a bunch of spam to my family. My dad- is- for better or worse a big player in international cybercrimes.

As you know... I have an ugly history with Lulzsec-- it is possible that they were trying to reach my dad -- and Joe may just be in over his head a little bit....

http://www.itu.int/ITU-D/cyb/publications/2006/research-legislation.pdf

http://www.inblf.com/PracticeAreas/Business-Litigation.asp

http://www.innocencelegalteam.com/internet-stings.php

i kinda feel like maybe they were taking a hit at me or my family...

sorry for blabbing ... maybe a blog entry is a better platform to bitch about my battle with Lulz... i'll work on that... Thanks much, ANthony,

edd

On 06/10/11 8:43 PM, Anthony M. Freed wrote:
--------------------
Wow Elyssa - he had me until the last line, where he puts himself on par with the CIA and the rest of the intelligence community! Thanks much - and hope you have a great weekend!

On 06/10/11 5:43 PM, Elyssa Durant wrote:
--------------------
I got this press release from Joe Black in regard to yesterday's article. Forwarding his official response. (I personally would have left out the part about Lulzsc being cute with his mustache-- but that's me)

Be well, Anthony.

Elyssa Durant


On 06/10/11 4:37 PM, Joe Black wrote:
--------------------
Black & Berg Cybersecurity Consulting, LLC
Press Release for Friday June, 10th 2011


I really do not enjoy spending my time defending myself and my organization but the media and other individuals in the corrupt and broken Information Security industry leave me no choice. Your attempts at systematically destroying everything that I have built will fail.

There truly isn't a such thing as the American dream anymore. The most important lesson that we learned from being attacked by Hackers is that Cyberterrorists now have the power to take your most valuable asset, your reputation, and destroy it overnight.

I did the right thing. I invested $100,000 in my education and my small Cybersecurity consulting business. I went to college for four (4) years then spent two (2) years self studying for various Department of Defense (DoD) 8570.01 approved Cybersecurity certifications.

Here is the list: (http://goo.gl/1d8F1)

Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Systems Security
Associate of Applied Science in Computer Network Systems
CISSP
Certified Ethical Hacker
NSA-4011
CISM (I passed the exam and I am a member in good standing of ISACA, I still need 6 months of experience before I'm certified by ISACA.)
Security+
Network+
Project+
Linux+
A+ IT Technician
A+ Remote Support Technician
I'm currently studying for ISACA's CISA exam and I take EC-Council's Security|5 exam next month for the lulz and to determine if it meets certain criteria in training end users.

For the record we never accused or identified the entertaining Hacker collective Lulz Security as those who are responsible for defacing www.blackbergsecurity.us. We don't know where the media, reporters, or professional bloggers are getting their information. We will stick to our original comment which was "It was like we were attacked by ninjas."

To clear up the confusion about my work on my Masters Degree. I have started and stopped work on my Masters degree in Counter-Terrorism from Bellevue University, twice now. The next time I enroll it will be my 3rd time, altough probably not my last. My life goal was to earn an Associates Degree and maybe the CompTIA (www.comptia.org) Network+ certification. As you can see I have far exceeded my own expectations. As for my Masters Degree, well I have my whole life to complete that. I'm not in a hurry.

Don't want to receive e-mail notifications? 

© 2011, LinkedIn Corporation

Comments