Reporter Gets Arrested By Nashville Metro Police Department

Uploaded by TANG3LLO on Dec 3, 2011

So I am a reporter for WRFN 107.1. I do a weekly Radio show on the Occupy Nashville Movement called "This Occupied Life" Some of my shows are actually uploaded on this channel on youtube. Last Night on Dec. 3rd at approximately 12:30 I was taken into custody by Police for standing on the street "Obstructing Traffic" while trying to do my job covering a March that was taking place in the streets by Occupy Nashville. Police had notified protestors to "get off the streets or (they would) go to jail" Moments later they hopped out of their cars and started arresting people. I thought I would be ok since I was Clearly Marked via Press Pass! However, unfortunately, I thought wrong. This is the video I took of my arrest. You can hear me telling the arresting officer MATT EVANS that "I'm with the Press, I'm with the Press" if you listen closely you can hear his response "I Don't Care" after I was taken to the precinct I was released outside of the booking area without charge once they found out my Press Credentials were Legit. However I was kept from doing my job as a reporter for close to an hour. This is yet another example of the infringement of the Constitution of our country by Police. When a reporter is no longer allowed to do his job something is the matter. There were four other Protestors that were also taken into custody by police. They were booked and then released with citations for Obstruction of Traffic.
Category:

Nonprofits & Activism
Tags:

Occupy Nashville
Occupy Nashville today
Occupy
Occupy Nashville Police
Occupy Broadway
Occupy Wall Street
This Occupied Life
Occupied Life
WRFN
Radio Free Nashville
107.1
107.1 WRFN
Matt Hamill
Matthew Hamill
Police Arrest Reporter
OWS
Wall Street
Occupy The World

Comments